COVID-19: Interacting with Utility Employees
As Utility Department employees continue to provide essential water and wastewater services to the community, it is necessary to take precautionary efforts to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus and mitigate its impact.
The Utility Department will follow the guidance of the American Water Works Association and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to protect our drinking water and wastewater system staff from potential exposure and to safeguard their capability to operate and maintain the City distribution systems.
The City has suspended face to face interactions with customers related to billing and customer service questions or issues. Please contact the Utility Billing Department at 830-598-8741.
We ask that the residents of Horseshoe Bay and the community follow the below guidelines when interacting with the Utility Department personal.
Customer Social Distancing
Residents and Businesses
- All contact with employees should be limited to phone communication. Please call Utility Dispatch (830-598-9910) with questions, updates and/or requests.
- Employees will continue to respond to customer requests but only maintain equipment external to residential or commercial structures.
- Employees are prohibited from entering residential or business structures at this time.
- We ask residents to respect social distancing and remain in your home or office while employees complete their work.
Recycle Center Services
- Customers are asked to unload their own items from their vehicles at this time.
- You will be directed to a designated area by a recycling center employee.
- For assistance with heavy loads, we will still assist but ask that you remain in your vehicle while the staff members remove the items.
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in keeping our community and our staff safe.
If you have any questions on these safety actions, please contact the Utilities Director at (830) 598-9981